In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Evelyne White gives us a tour of the culinary scene in Brussels and tells us how we can find a dinner party with a homecooked meal using her newly launched social dining network, Bookalokal. We discuss the appeal of moule frites (mussels & fries), the potency of “blanche” beer and how real Belgians do waffles.
- Shop at Place du Chatelain and the Noordzee Mer du Nord
- Hoegaarden is good “blanche”
- Try a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich from the Keep on Toasting food truck
Beer Lover’s Dinner (5 beers, 3 courses):
Brussels Dining Districts to Explore:
- Downtown – Grande Place
- St. Katherine
Brussels Food Events:
- Belgian Brewers Weekend (August / September)
- Tram Experience
- Dinner in the Sky
Food for Thought:
- Q: What is the #1 reason why people visit Brussels?
- A: Food!
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Favorite Restaurants to Take Out-of-Town Guests to: La Piola
- Most Romantic Restaurant: Comme Chez Soi
- Best View: The Restaurant on top of the Musical Instrument Museum
- Favorite Place to Get a Waffle: Any street truck
- Favorite Place to Go for Dessert: The chocolate shops at Place du Grand Sablon
- Best Beer Selection: Delerium Café
- Favorite Place to Watch the World Cup: Michael Collins Irish Bar & Restaurant or Fat Boys Sports Bar & Grill