In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Kristin Sheppard of the Mad Betty blog offers up another great restaurant recommendation: Ramen Tatsu-ya in Austin, where Chef Tatsu Aikawa serves up Japanese dishes like Tokotsu Original Ramen. We talk about Texas barbecue, the difference between Tex-Mex and Mexican, and how beets and brussel sprouts are having a moment.
- Read more about Ramen Tatsu-ya on Mad Betty
- Visit the Ramen Tatsu-ya website
- Ramen Tatsu-ya is located at 8557 Research Blvd, Ste. 126
- Bloggers help bloggers in the Austin Food Bloggers Alliance
- Try Texas BBQ at The Salt Lick or Franklin Barbecue
- Top Chef Season 9 Champion Paul Qui has the East Side King food truck and Hole in the Wall
- Adam Richman of Man vs. Food isn’t dead yet
- Gyoza Potstickers
- Tokotsu Original Ramen
Austin Dining Districts to Explore:
- South Austin
- North Austin
Austin Food Events:
Food for Thought:
- Q: What is Austin’s signature drink?
- A: The Mexican Martini.
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Favorite Steak House: The Roaring Fork
- Favorite Food Truck: Chi’Lantro
- Favorite Bar to Watch the Game: Red’s Porch
- Favorite Place for Tex-Mex: Trudy’s
- Favorite Place for Mexican Food: Curra’s Grill
- Favorite Name for a Restaurant: Banger’s